BSG Support for Conference or Session Sponsorship
Deadline(s): Deadline(s): Normally 1 February and 30 September, but exceptions can be discussed with the BSG Admin Officer
The BSG provides sponsorship for conferences/conference sessions/event organisers that meet the stated Missions of the BSG.
To support scientific excellence in geomorphology through:
- Fostering excellence and increased investment and support for geomorphology
- Developing applied geomorphological research, having a major impact on environmental policy and practice and providing a public benefit
- Disseminating new geomorphological research and policy agendas
- Developing a new generation of geomorphologists equipped to address interdisciplinary challenges.
Typically sponsorship has been used to support BSG keynote speakers, break-out discussion groups or workshops, as well as social/publicity events.
The BSG requires that: -
- The BSG is fully acknowledged at the event and in all publicity materials, including display of the BSG logo.
- BSG Sponsored speakers use a BSG and Wiley-Blackwell Powerpoint slide at the beginning of their presentation. This is a presentation title slide and available from the BSG.
- Organisers discuss with BSG event publicity, so that we can help with advertising BSG sponsored events.
- The BSG encourages conference/session organisers to consider Earth Surface Processes and Landforms as an outlet for eventual publications.
- The BSG requires a report from the conference (typically written by an attending postgraduate) to review the event for Geophemera (the BSG Newsletter).